It’s a mess for you and your child also if you don’t know how to make a kid’s banjo. Believe it or not but you can make a homemade banjo at your home with a few commodities that are present at your home. You can give your child a homemade musical instrument with which he won’t only pass a joyful time but also will step into a new learning phase in music. Making a kids banjo is not only interesting but also very easy. You can give your child a great time pass if you learn the ways regarding how to make a kid’s banjo right at your home and help yourself in saving your pocket.
Things you’ll require to prepare a homemade banjo for your child:
To make your child banjo, you’ll need a few things that can be easily available in most of the residential homes. The things that you’ll require to do such are-
In order to make your child banjo, you’ll need a few things that can be easily available in most of residential homes. The things that you’ll require to do such are-
- A large plastic container (can be a 5 liter soybean container),
- A hammer,
- A scissor,
- A sandpaper,
- A handheld saw,
- Screw eyes/screws,
- Few nails,
- Nylon fishing line/wire,
- Two small wood pieces and one long wood piece.
As stated earlier, these are the things that are required to make a kids banjo and these are literally available in most of the residential homes. However, you’ll need to do a few things in a simultaneous order in order to prepare your homemade banjo for your kid.
Steps regarding how to make a kid’s banjo at home:
Once you have all the things necessary to make a kids banjo at home in your hands, there are a few steps that are to be followed in a simultaneous order to get the final output; that is a kids banjo made up with home commodities. The simultaneous steps to do so are-
- Cut the container: Take your scissor in one hand and the container to cut on the other. Now that you have both on your hands, cut the container to a good extent that forms a hollow drum shape. This is the place where the sound resonance will occur and produce the banjo feel out of the musical instrument. It is always recommended that you use a healthy and rigid container in this order. Loose plastics or flexible plastics aren’t suitable to do this so.
- Place the long wood piece through the hollow drum shape container: When you are done with the cutting of the hollow container, dip the long wood piece through the container by making two holes through the horizontal side of the container. Give it a look like a guitar/ukulele/banjo so that one side has a good length as for a fretboard and the other side has a short end as for the bottom end of the banjo.
- Pin the nails: Use the hammer to pin nails/screw eyes according to the number of strings you intend to put on the homemade best beginner banjo for your child. As you won’t think of making a5 string banjo, it’s preferable that you make 4 or less stringed banjo for your child at home. Therefore, for each string, hammer down nails or screw eyes in a pair at both the end of the long wood piece over the container hollow portion. Make sure that you hammer down the nails right on the opposite side of the wood pieces to that of the frontal face of the banjo being made.
- Stretch the nylon wire: Take the piece on your hands and now take a piece longer than the length between the two nails for a single nylon string to be wired on the banjo being made. Tie a deadly knot on the bottom end of the banjo and then stretch the wire over the hollow drum shaped container to the other end of the long wood piece. Tie the other end with the nail/screw eye loosely.
- Tighten the wire and placing the small wood pieces: When you are done with all the previous steps above, its time to stretch the nylon wires perfectly. For an example, let’s suppose that you are wiring two strings on the banjo being made. Now that you have stretched two nylon strings loosely on both the ends of it, it’s time to tighten the wires. They will eventually tear as they will have greater friction on the wood and the hollow container edges. That is why you are to use two different sized small pieces woods. In the hollow container, place a small wood piece vertically so that it words as a bridge that holds the wires. This bridge won’t let the wire touch the container edge at all that is to be made sure. Likewise, another small wood piece is to be placed on the top neck portion so that the wires doesn’t touch toe wood pieces edge while tightening. Make sure to produce a smooth cave for the strings to roll through the cave through saw and sandpaper.
This is ultimately how you can make a very nice piece of banjo for your child right at your home.
Making a banjo at home is really easy and also an inquisitive task for both you and your child. Your child can learn the basics while you are preparing a homemade banjo for him. Meanwhile, you are making your child learn about the basics of creating and crafting a new musical instrument. However, this can not only be interesting time passing but in practical, this can save a lot of your pocket money behind your child as they shouldn’t be provided with costly banjo at their very beginning of the best beginner banjo learning phase. Therefore, you are now know with the ways regarding how to make a kid’s banjo right at your own home!