It is important to have the right studio monitors for getting the professional sound quality. KRK Systems is one of the well-known manufacturers of reference monitors used in studios. The company has a state of the art design facility where their engineers build products that provide natural and balanced spectral response with low distortion and superior imaging.
The proprietary combination of Kevlar and aramid fibers for the speakers helps the KRK RP5G3-NA Rokit 5 G3 to deliver tight bass. The soft dome tweeter gives crystal clear highs up to the range of 30 kHz. The speaker is placed in a low resonance area along with a foam pad to provide isolation from the surface it is put on. Just below the woofer, there is a front-firing port that provides low-frequency response along with boundary coupling.
The redesigned amplifier and active electronics system provides headroom and minimizes distortion which delivers clean audio without any noise. It is equipped with high and low-frequency controls which can be fine tuned to meet the requirement of the user’s environment.
It has a unique speaker cabinet design. The radiused edges and contoured front baffle give clear sound and precise stereo imaging. The system is intended to remove the standing waves and any other problems associated with resonance. The result is pure and unadulterated sound.
- The attractive price provides a high cost to performance ratio.
- The superior build quality of the speakers is definitely value for money.
- It can be used for home as well as professional studio requirements.
- It is compact, sturdy and delivers amazing sound.
- It does not include the connection cords which must be purchased separately.
- It has a 30 hour break in period.
- Though compact the speakers are heavy
- The speaker has some problems in low bass and sub bass during production.
KRK Rokit 5 Review – My Conclusion
For people with tight budgets and who are on the lookout for professional studio monitors, KRK RP5G3-NA Rokit 5 is great value for money.