- Tri-capsule array - 3 condenser capsules can record almost any...
- Multiple pattern selection - cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional...
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output.
- Perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, voiceovers,...
- Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8 (including 8.1), Windows 7,...
The Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone was launched in 2001. It is used to create unparalleled recordings directly on a PC. Blue Microphones uses tri-capsule technology to develop studio-quality sounds.
It is perfect for new musicians and bands who want to begin their journey with sturdy, high-quality instruments that deliver excellent value for money. Blue Microphones has designed its product beautifully and made it quite multifunctional.
This product comes with uncountable features and perks that any consumer would enjoy. It has also been given excellent reviews, and one of the top positions on the bestsellers rank (according to Amazon). Blue Yeti is considered as one of the best recording microphones in the world.
As mentioned above, the features of this product are irreplaceable and exciting. It weighs 3.8 pounds and measures 5″ x 5.5″ x 10″. The bottom of the microphone has a USB and XLR port with a headphone jack. The tri-capsule technology enables the microphone to record in any audio situation, and the results will still be incredible. It has a multiple pattern selection which includes cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional, stereo and microphone geometries. The product is ideal for vocals, musical instruments, voiceovers, podcasting, field recordings, interviews, and conference calls. Its ‘Plug n Play’ option is available on Mac OS X (10.4, 11, or higher) and Windows (8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP) at a bit rate of 16 bits.
The connector type and hardware interface are USB. Along with this, the downloadable file format, digital media format, and media format are CD-ROM. The number of watts this product consumes is 0.13 watts. The regular frequency rate is 20 Hz to 20 kHz, which ensures that the entire range of sounds is processed and comfortable to hear for the human ear. Its sampling rate is an outstanding 192 kHz. Yeti is available in five different colors which include blackout, whiteout, space gray, platinum, and silver.
- This product allows you to choose among four different polar patterns to ensure the best sound quality.
- A dial on the microphone lets users change from one mode to another in one swift turn.
- The modes are cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional, stereo, and microphone geometries, as mentioned above.
- The basic version of the Yeti does not require additional downloads of drivers for the audio processes.
- It is extremely user-friendly and convenient to use, making it an ideal instrument for new musicians.
- The dials on the microphone can be explored with ease and carry different functions depending on the type of audio process being carried out.
- It is compatible with Mac OS and Windows 10, making it accessible from any device.
- The Yeti can be used for Skype conference and video calls as well as for Facebook video calls.
- Since the microphone weighs over two pounds, it is not very portable.
- If a user wants to enjoy an even greater sound quality, Yeti PRO needs to be purchased. However, this particular microphone is not very expensive and has slightly more enhanced features.
- The warranty provided by Blue Microphones is of two years. This is a decent amount of time, but other companies provide consumers with more.
- The stand is overbuilt, which makes the mounting of the microphone slightly difficult. However, it is adjustable.
A Little Bit Of History
Blue Microphones is an audio company that was established in 1995. It designs and builds microphones, recording tools, signal processors and music accessories for sound professionals, musicians, and other customers. Its headquarters is based in California, USA. The company has received three different awards:
Electronic Musician in 2000. Its microphone, Blueberry condenser microphone, won the editor’s choice microphone of the year award.
Retail Vision in 2009. Its microphone, Mikey and Eyeball 2.0, won the best hardware peripheral award.
BeatWeek (previously known as iProng). It won this award for being the best in 2009 and 2010.
Blue Yeti Microphone Review – Wrap-up
The Yeti USB Microphone has an excellent sound quality that can be enjoyed by all, including individual musicians and groups. The different modes of the microphone have different qualities. For example, the cardioid mode is useful for podcasts and voice calls, whereas the omnidirectional and bidirectional modes are suitable for interviews and group discussions (Skype and Facebook conference/video calls). Voices are picked up without any background noise and disturbances. Its features are enhanced to a significant level and are difficult to find in other microphones. The USB feature also makes it quite convenient to use.